Commercial drivers: Bad CBD can wreck your drug test…
Officials from the U.S. Department of Transportation have warned commercial drivers that some CBD products contain hidden amounts of THC, even though labels don’t reflect that.
Car & Driver magazine recently reported that DOT officials are telling drivers that THC can show up in drug tests — and, moreover, that innocent ingestion or false labeling does not release drivers from the consequences of a failed drug test.
THC creates the psychological high that comes with marijuana use. By law, marijuana contains more than 0.3 percent THC, although when marijuana is used as a recreational drug, THC concentrations usually range between 5 to 30 percent.
Asterra Labs can assure commercial drivers — and all consumers — about the quality and purity of our products, which are…
- Made from hemp, which by law must contain less than 0.3 percent THC, and
- Tested for purity by an independent third-party laboratory, with each product coming with Certificate of Analysis (COA).
Currently, CBD manufacturers don’t have to meet common standards for safety, quality, or effectiveness — and that means some mislead the public about CBD or THC content.
Despite this, consumers still have control. Here are tips for ensuring that your CBD product contains exactly what you want it to…
- Read labels carefully and look for evidence of a third-party laboratory validating CBD concentrations. Legitimate manufacturers — like Asterra Labs — will make Certificates of Analysis available for your review.
- Check your product’s COA to see if the validating lab meets ISO 17025 standards, an internationally recognized competency label that demonstrates the lab produces valid results. The validating lab used by Asterra Labs meets this international standard.
- See if the company uses testing methods validated by one of these highly respected, standard-setting organizations: The American Herbal Pharmacopoeia(AHP), the Association of Official Agricultural Chemists (AOAC), or the U.S. Pharmacopeia (USP). Asterra Labs follows USP standards.
Learn more about the high quality standards at Asterra Labs by clicking here.Back to all posts